Sunday, March 11, 2012

It is time to simplify

   

It is time to simplify my life (or is it my lifestyle? I am not sure, yet) a bit. My intuition is telling me that this would be smart, to say the least. 

One morning last week a small voice told me where to begin. It was clean up time in the preschool classroom where I teach. I was helping two three year old boys pick up the supplies that they had used while they were running a restaurant that day.  

Holding a basket, I said, "Let's put all of the food in here."

Little wooden apples, lemons, pears and watermelon slices began to pile up in the basket.

Then one of the boys asked me, holding what looked to be hand painted trout, "Teacher, where does this go?"

"It's a fish. That's food. You can put it right in this basket."

"No," he said and as he stretched and stood up on his tip toes, the preschooler's power stance, I noticed he  was wearing a pair of high top Converse sneakers, one pink and one red. "This is a fish. It is not food. It is a fish."

Simple. As. That.






No comments:

Post a Comment